Thursday, September 27, 2012

WooPs..... Who Turned ON The Lights??

Okay people after a super long hiatus I have returned... Today marks me at 6 months and 21 days free from chemical bondage (Since March 6, 2012)... I cannot remember the day that I had returned to active addiction but I can tell you that it was shortly over two years ago somewhere around September of 2010...  I had a few brief sober stints in there but something kept dragging me back... 

Something was different this last time, all hell having broke loose when I included my ex-significant other in the mix. I'll still never forget the day she asked me if I would give her some dope (she was fighting strep throat I think it was) because she was in alot of pain. The pain to follow would send both of us to near disaster. I saw it coming before it had happened because she became more lax with allowing me to come home high, then it was just come home and get high in the bathroom. The day she asked me for some of my stash I should have known better, I should have been more responsible but as they say misery loves company. For all intensive purposes it probably wouldn't have mattered because 9 times out of 10 when an addict makes the conscious decision to use its going to happen anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment however you may like. Criticism regarding my lifestyle and / or my writing style. I hope to hear from you sooner than later!!